Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Seeking an office manager/administrative assistant to provide support to clients and our professional team.
We are a 3-partner public accounting firm based in Gresham, OR providing tax and accounting services to a variety of individuals and businesses.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication and customer service skills and be able to work with various computer applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams). Prior experience working at an accounting firm or other professional service environment (medical, dental, legal, etc.) is preferred.
• Provide administrative support to the partners/associates including scheduling appointments and responding to client communications (phone calls, emails, other written communications).
• Facilitate a welcoming, professional office environment for clients and other guests.
• Provide operational support including onboarding new clients into our various software applications, transferring client documents into our document management system, and processing tax returns for delivery to clients.
• Provide project management support including monitoring the status of projects and deadlines and helping partners/associates meet deadlines.
• Provide office management including monitoring and ordering supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail, coordinating office maintenance, updating and maintaining office policies and procedures.
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Thomson Reuters/UltraTax suite of software, or other tax software, is a plus
• Ability to operate in (and actively contribute to) a team environment
• Ability to direct the work of other office assistants
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant, etc. is preferred
Pay and Benefits:
• Pay: $19.00 - $24.00 per hour (depending on relevant experience)
• Health insurance
• Vacation and sick pay
• Overtime pay
• Retirement benefits
• Life insurance
• Cell phone allowance
• Position is considered fulltime. Our days of operation vary depending on time of year.
• Monday-Friday January 1 – January 31
• Monday-Saturday from February 1 – April 15
• Monday-Thursday from April 16 – December 31
• We offer tremendous schedule flexibility during the summer and fall months.
If you are interested in this position or other opportunities (CPA, tax preparer) with our firm, contact Steve Stegeman at (503) 665-0173 or firstname.lastname@example.org